Advisory committee for individuals with disabilities – #1 Position Available
To advise the City Council and Manager on disability needs within the City and submit an annual report on activities.
MEETINGS: Third Monday Each Month except August & December - Health Dept. 7:30 pm
Beautification Committee - Alternates #2 position available
With approval of Municipal Council, seek out, initiate, encourage disseminate information and raise funds concerning civic beautification projects.
MEETINGS: 1st MONDAY OF EACH MONTH (except July & Aug.) TIME: 8:30 LOCATION: CONF. ROOM
CLIFTON TRAFFIC SAFETY COUNCIL – 1 Position Available
Act as an advisory to the Municipal Council, to make investigations and recommendations to it and the Police Department in the matter of traffic practices, procedures and conditions in or to reduce street and highway accidents and to maintain a good public program.
MEETINGS: 3rd Thursday of each month (Except DECEMBER which is 2ndThursday) No meetings in July and August
Senior Citizens Advisory Committee - 1 position available
Advises the Municipal Council on matters concerning senior citizens’ housing in the City of Clifton
MEETINGS: 4TH THURSDAY-Not July, Aug, Nov, Dec TIME: 6:30 PM LOCATION: MUNICIPAL COURT
Historical Commission - 3 positions available
Makes recommendations to the Municipal Council regarding the commemoration of historical events and the preservation of memorabilia of the City.
MEETINGS: 1ST THURSDAY EACH MONTH TIME: 7:00 PM LOCATION: CONFERENCE ROOM
- Geographically broken up into 16 contiguous neighborhoods. This would yield 2 people to serve as team captains.
- The committee will consist of on (1) permanent member and one (1) alternate member for each neighborhood.
- The term shall be for two years. When the permanent member’s term ends, the alternate will move into this position.
- The person submitting his or her name first will become the permanent member.
- A new name submitted shall become the alternate.
- Format of the meeting shall be a monthly meeting on the 2nd Monday of the month at the Senior Center from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. NOT JULY & AUGUST & DEC.
- If the neighborhoods seem too large after organization, we have the ability to expand up to 20 neighborhoods to accommodate those neighborhoods.
Albion - Alternate
Greglawn - Alternate
Maple Valley - Member & Alternate
Oakridge - Member & Alternate
Richfield - Alternate
RENT LEVELING BOARD - Alt Tenant Member; Landlord Member; Alt. Landlord Member Positions Available
ONE LANDLORD MEMBER AND ONE ALTERNATE LANDLORD MEMBER WHO OWNS/MANAGES A MULTI DWELLING(S)
Supplies information and assistance to landlords and tenants to assist them in complying with the ordinances of the City, to hold hearings and adjudicate applicants for rent increases, surcharges and reductions.
MEETINGS – On Call
ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT – 1 Position Available
Exercises the power to review and make decisions on appeals relating to interpretation of the Zoning Ordinances (Per NJSA 40:55D-69)
MEETINGS – 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month – 7:00 p.m. – Municipal Court