- You are here:
- Departments A to K
The Engineering Department provides engineering, surveying and other technical services to the administration and all other departments and divisions of the City. The Department implements the Public Works Capital Improvement plan, as authorized and funded by the City Council, by planning and prioritizing needs, collecting information and preparing plans and specifications for the construction of various Public Works projects.
The Engineering Department also manages, supervises and inspects the construction of improvements to the Public Works Infrastructure of the City. These projects include the following:
- Business Area Streetscape Construction and Improvements
- Environmental Remediation on Municipal Properties
- Manage, Maintain and Improve the City of Clifton Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Municipal Buildings and Grounds Improvements and Repair
- Municipal Parking Lot Construction and Improvements
- Park Improvements
- Sanitary Sewer Construction Repair and Rehabilitation
- Storm Sewer Construction and Repair
- Street Improvements
- Traffic Signal Construction and Improvements
The Engineering Department prepares and maintains maps, including the Official Tax Assessment Maps of the City of Clifton, as well as other records related to the City's Infrastructure. This includes:
- Municipal Parking Lots
- Public Buildings
- Public Parks
- Public Property
- Sanitary Sewers
- Storm Sewers
- Streets and Roads
- Traffic Signals
Engineering reviews proposed development plans and provides reports to the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment when requested. The Department also inspects improvements constructed by developers that are intended to be turned over to the City.
The Engineering Department is also responsible for regulating and inspecting certain activities occurring within the City.
The Department issues permits for the following:
- Driveway construction and widening
- Road excavations (street openings)
- Sanitary sewer connections
- Sidewalk and Curb construction and repair
Streets & Infrastructure
The Engineering staff is available to address public complaints, concerns and information requests with respect to streets and infrastructure conditions and other related matters in the public right-of-way.