The Office of Senior Citizen and Disabled Services is located at the Senior Center on the grounds of the Municipal Complex at 900 Clifton Avenue. The Senior Center is located by the Colfax Avenue entrance. The activities provided to residents are divided into three categories; Older Adult Services, Nutrition Programs, and Outreach/Transportation.
Older Adult Services
Help is available with filling out all medical forms, financial aid for cooling and heating grants, tax forms and bus fare applications. Information and assistance is available as well as home visits when necessary. Find information on the following programs:
- Food stamps
- Home improvement program
- Living Wills
- Notary Public services
- Reduced drug prescription program
The City offers one nutrition programs for seniors and disabled adults which is provided through the Passaic County Division on Aging. One program is offered at the Senior Center (Barn C-5) 900 Clifton Avenue and can be reached by calling 973-265-1540.
Outreach / Transportation
Transportation is provided to seniors and disabled adults who have no other means of transportation Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by calling 973-470-2235 for an appointment. Transportation is available to St. Brendan's Disabled and Post Stroke Clients, Passaic County Senior Center nutrition program, Food shopping, and Medical appointments.
Welfare & Public Assistance
The Passaic County Welfare Division can be reached by calling 973-881-0100. For information, please visit the Advisory Committee for Individuals with Disabilities webpage.
- Free Tax Aide Locations
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program - Universal Service Fund - FFY 2022 Fact Sheet
- 2021 Property Tax Freeze
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide - Get your Taxes Done for Free
- Medicare Deductibles and Copayments - Social Security Cola - Medicare Savings Programs
- NJ PAAD (Pharmaceutical Assistance to the Aged and Disabled Program)
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (PDF)
- DIAL Overview (PDF)
- Outreach Transportation (English) (PDF)
- Seniors - Survey Form (Rate our Senior Activities) (PDF)
- Title VI Non-Discrimination Policy (PDF)
- Transportation Services - English (PDF)
- Transportation Services - Spanish (PDF)
- Utility Assistance (PDF)