Office of the Tax Collector
DROP BOX FOR PAYMENT: A mail/payment lockbox is now located in front of the entrance of City Hall. NO CASH PLEASE. Tax Collector will empty lockbox Monday through Friday. Payments dropped off after 3:00 pm will be processed the next business day.
The Tax Collector provide the necessary cash to fund City services with timely billing and collection of tax and sewer bills and auctioning delinquent tax, sewer and miscellaneous charges during the annual Tax Sale.
Taxes are due quarterly on February 1st, May 1st, August 1st and November 1st with a ten day grace period.
Pay by Mail
Please mail all payments to City of Clifton.
City of Clifton
Attention: Tax Department
900 Clifton Avenue
Clifton, NJ 07013
Only e- checks are acceptable modes of payment. Please enter the correct routing number and checking account number when processing your payment. A $35 returned check fee will be imposed if the account numbers are incorrect. View the Tax and Utility Information Look-up.
- Relief from State Mandates can Ease Fiscal Burdens (PDF)
- Request for Sewer Discharge Credit for Irrigation System (PDF)
- Request for Sewer Discharge Credit for Swimming Pool (PDF)
- Request for Sewer Discharge Credit for Water Usage (PDF)
- Request for Sewer Discharge Credit fro Metered Sewer Usage (PDF)
- Sewer Billing Inquiry (PDF)